Automation Senior Buyer
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for sourcing suppliers, negotiating purchase orders and working the Project Management team to ensure projects meet deliverables in line with the cost structure and timeline.
- Prequalify and source new suppliers
- Price and place purchase orders for parts and work with the design group and suppliers as needed to find alternative parts meeting the project schedule
- Receive PO acknowledgment and work with the project manager as needed on behind schedule POs.
- RFP package preparation and processing bid evaluation, recommending suppliers to award the PO
- Understand project schedule, allocate delivery dates and negotiate PO value according to project dates and budget
- Negotiate PO terms and conditions as needed
- Communicate PO deliverables with PM to maintain the project schedule
- Understand cost structure and price analysis and price evaluation
- Follow up with suppliers on deliverables and update the ERP system on a weekly basis
- Coordinate shipments
- Review invoices and resolve invoices discrepancies
- Track cost savings and negotiations
- Maintain approved vendor and vendor capability documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Address and Elevate problems 1st to Supervisor, then to PM, then to Manager, then to President, using the ACE principal:
- Agree to an action with your teammate that includes a due date for the deliverable
- Compel that the deliverable is at risk, ask how you can help, and notify your teammate that you will need to elevate for help to avoid failure
- Elevate with the facts of the problem and the proposed resolution where help is needed to avoid failure
- 5 to 10 years of SCM experience within project environments, preferred in automotive industries or engineered\ custom equipment manufacturing but not a must.
- Post high school education is required, Bachelor degree is an asset.
- Experience in reading project schedules, processing POs within project timelines and a good understanding to project material budget.
- Individual with a good understanding to RFP process and PO terms and conditions and capable of negotiating stand alone POs terms with suppliers.
- A team player with a strong communication skills
- Highly organized individual with a very high coordination skill
- ERP system experience, Epicor or MS Dynamics knowledge is an asset.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Profit sharing
- Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
- Subsidized Lunch Program
- Training development program
- Monthly staff appreciation lunches & Socials
- Bi-annual company events
- Career planning & goal setting
- Employee recognition program
- Performance appraisal program
- BOS Promotional Clothing
- Employee Assistance Program
Employer Supported Volunteer Program
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job