The primary role of this position is to receive stock, verify and transact materials to ensure timely and accurate flow of materials into and out-off the central warehouse. Will work with the production leaders, planners and manager to ensure accurate inventory is available for production
- Receives/Transacts all raw materials, parts, and/or finished goods. Verifies versus pack lists/truck bills and/or work orders for accuracy.
- Prepares materials and delivers materials to designated locations through the use of manual or powered equipment.
- Inspects material for conformance to standards. Inspects for visible damage to materials.
- Issues, addresses and responds to material non-conformance as required.
- Communicates with Buyer(s) if materials arrive in suspect condition. Must use good judgment to determine if materials should be refused due to damage.
- Performs Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) transactions as directed by planner/manager.
- Performs cycle count duties for assigned inventory items
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies. Will work with Inventory Control to correct inventory discrepancies.
- Keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Completes daily reports, audits and cell boards.
- Works with Planner/manager to ensure proper order management and planning to meet quality and On-Time Delivery.
- Executes Kan-Ban processes in work cell.
- Responsible for Material presentation, KanBan management, and 5S.
- May be required to gather P/N label requirements from each cell, produce labels, and return to the cell.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Inventory Management experience preferred (i.e., inventory transactions, cycle counting, & material handling).
- 2 or more years material handling or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have basic math skills
- Computer and keyboard experience required.
- Must have strong understanding of ERP and transactional processes
- Must have a good working knowledge of Kan-Ban processes.
- Requires associate to pass fork truck driving test
- Ability to maintain good driving record.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.