Sr Mgr., Infrastructure Engineering
Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering (REMOTE)
- US – REMOTE
- Canada – REMOTE
The Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for infrastructure engineering of both cloud and on-premises compute, storage, and backup platforms. This is a significant role within CDK helping accelerate our vision to become a transformative and focused Enterprise IT (Information Technology) organization.
CDK is looking for an analytical, curious, process-oriented, and data-driven leader to join the CDK Enterprise IT team. In this role, the candidate will interact with senior leaders across CDK and within Enterprise IT; providing thought leadership towards infrastructure designs and engineering artifacts for the platforms supporting both internal CDK applications and importantly customer facing applications that drive our business. Additionally, this role will provide operational oversight to our managed service provider providing operations support for CDK’s infrastructure.
As the Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering, one is responsible, however not limited to:
- Engineering & design for CDK’s Infrastructure:
- Compute: Windows, Linux, VMware, Horizon, HP and Dell Servers, AWS (Amazon Web Services) EC2
- Storage: FC SAN (Storage Area Network), Dell Block, Object, and File Storage, EMC and Pure Storage, AWS Block and Object Storage
- Backup: Rubrik and NetBackup
- Leading a team of experienced infrastructure engineers, define the infrastructure roadmap
- Manage Vendor relationships and spend
- Manage Infrastructure spend forecast
- Support Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures; strong leadership to ensure accurate accounting of IT costs to divest or incorporate IT systems
- Effectively communicate roadmap & spend to executive leadership
- Provide operational oversight to CDK’s MSP (Managed Service Provider) for Infrastructure Operations; hold the MSP to contractual commitments including metrics, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and reporting
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years in Infrastructure engineering, particularly in relevant Compute and Storage technologies
- 5+ years in management of engineering teams
- Strong Financial skills; ability to create and maintain budgets and spend forecasts
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
- Strategic Problem Solver
- Measured, clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented and solution driven with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Salary Ranges: 139,000.00 – 176,500.00 USD
CDK Global is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Compensation packages are based on several factors, including but not limited to skills, experience, certifications, and work location. The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.We offer Medical, dental, and vision benefits in addition to:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401K Matching Program
At CDK, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential in inspiring meaningful connections to our people, customers and communities. We are open, curious and encourage different views, so that everyone can be their best selves and make an impact.
CDK is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US. CDK may offer employer visa sponsorship to applicants.