This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 24, 2022
|Public transit accessible:
Defense & Aviation Wiring Inc. (DAVWIRE) is currently seeking a Senior Procurement/Sourcing Specialist for our London, Ontario facility. This is a new, full time position reporting to the Production Manager. Anticipated business growth demands recruitment of an individual who can fulfill the following duties:
- Oversees overall Supply Chain Operations including Purchasing and Inventory of Materials.
- Help with leading the continuous improvement and execution of purchasing strategy, policies, and guidelines regarding materials categories and contracts.
- Coordinate with necessary departments to plan orders for fulfillment of requirements.
- Utilize formal planning tools to make informed data driven purchasing decisions.
- Follow Health & Safety policies, rules and work instructions and take personal responsibility for keeping yourself and your co-workers and visitors free from injury by participating in and/or conducting risk assessments, work place inspections, corrective actions and safety observations
- Lead projects to onboard new suppliers to meet overall company objectives. Negotiate prices and terms, and make agreements or contracts for purchases. Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with preferred suppliers.
- Source goods that meet the quality standards of DAVWIRE and it’s customers with potential cost savings and competitive pricing.
- Obtain quotes and monitor the direct material cost variance.
- Issue Purchases Orders and ensure the Purchase Orders are accurate with pricing, quantity, due dates, and terms.
- Oversees the ordering of materials, equipment and supplies from customers and suppliers.
- Set up Supply Chain Management tools such as demand forecasting, bid and spend, supplier management, warehouse management, lean inventory, and order processing.
- Develop and manage appropriate inventory levels to maintain uninterrupted flow throughout supply chain, ensure inventory accuracy and reduce excess purchasing.
- Work with the Production Manager and Program Managers to assess and predict materials requirements for future projects and production processes as well as address any potential material delays, supplier disruptions, inventory discrepancies, etc.
- Develop advanced product knowledge in order to be conversant with suppliers, answer basic questions and know when to elevate questions or concerns to engineering.
- Issue and follow-up with supplier corrective actions as required.
- Maintain and promote DAVWIRE’s Values and Behaviors at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Perform freight cost analyses.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Lead Supply Chain procurement related lean kaizen events.
- Maintain and report on supply chain KPIs
- Lead cycle count and annual physical Inventory activities.
- Provide mentorship and training to subordinates.
- Continue to progress the use DAVWIRE’s ERP tools and reports to improve the efficiency of purchasing as well as warehouse activities.
- Knowledgeable with International trading issues/imports/legal, awareness and management ITAR, Controlled Goods, Care and control of Government Owned Materials.
- Payment terms negotiation, optimization and management.
- Packaging and transport regulatory awareness, compliance and information communication.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must meet the requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Security Assessment Application as per Section 15 of the Controlled Goods Regulations, SOR/2001-32
- Must be eligible to work and live in Canada.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office programs, ERP/MRP systems and accounting software.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Own Transportation
- Knowledge of Electrical/Electronic Components within the defense and/or aviation industries.
- Excellent time management skills.
At least one of the flowing qualifications:
Plus, a minimum of 8 years related purchasing/procurement, shipping, and warehouse experience including supervision and management of these departments, preferably within defense and/ or aviation industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management
- APICS - CSCP – (Certified supply Chain Professional)
- American Purchasing Society – CPP – (Certified Purchasing Professional)
- Institute for Supply Management – CPSM – (Certified Professional in Supply Management)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: depending on experience.
Location: London, Ontario
Benefits: Health, and Dental after probationary period.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (Day shift).
Please send Resume to HR@davwire.com with Subject line “Senior Procurement/Sourcing Specialist”