Supply Chain Specialist
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain, and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Supply Chain Specialist is accountable for procuring products, materials, and goods required by the Company, while minimizing costs and maximizing quality. Managing optimal procurement includes monitoring customer forecasts and purchase orders, monitoring on-hand inventory, and taking lead times into account when replenishing and evaluating suppliers and product suitability.
If you love the idea of working with cross-functional teams and external partners to ensure that we bring in the right goods at the right time and at the best quality, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about using your exceptional analytical skills to evaluate demand and supply forecasts, while being able to quickly adapt to new changes and developments, this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural problem solver, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Develop and maintain long term business relationships with internal and external suppliers, seeking out opportunities improve quality, cost, and supply availability
- Ensure stability of supply by working with cross-functional teams to efficiently procure products and goods required by the company, in adherence with the organization’s purchasing policies, procedures, standards, and strategies
- Utilize and leverage ERP and management tools to ensure predictable, effective and economical replenishment of inventory, including forecasting and planning
- Work with product development and sales teams to manage inventory, process purchase requisitions, communicate supply chain developments, and to collaborate on product introductions, changes and end-of-life cycle transitions
- In collaboration with the VP of Supply Chain, define, implement, manage and communicate Contracts and Performance Agreements with suppliers
If you’ve got:
- Post-secondary education with a Diploma in Supply Chain or SCMP designation from PMAC
- Member of Supply Chain Management Association of Canada, with continuous and on-going professional educational training
- Minimum 5 years’ supply chain experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with an MRP or ERP system (SAP, Visual, JD Edwards, etc.) with extensive analytical ability
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a resume and let us know why you are interested.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.