Aircraft Cleaner/Paint Preparation
- To strip and clean aircraft and perform metal preparation on an aircraft skin for paint application.
- General aircraft preparation and aircraft cleaning as required.
- Clean, sand composite parts and high build., remove and reapply PRC;
- Metal prep, prime and base paint aircraft via chemical application on aircraft skin;
- Mask aircraft and components for stripping, and protect all surfaces where stripping is not required.
- Unmask after stripping, and check for any damage.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean and free of dirt and contamination.
- Participate in and support the company’s SMS program.
- Perform other duties, as necessary or as assigned by the Supervisor.
Typical Job Decisions:
Typical independent decisions that the job holder is required to make without the input of a supervisor. Show these in order of importance to the job.
- Decide if a secondary (or multiple) application of stripping is required.
- Decide whether PRC removal or reapplication is required.
Typical decisions that the job holder is required to refer to a supervisor.
- Approval from Supervisor is required to determine if stripping/metal preparation is complete.
- If issues arise during the cleaning process, the Supervisor must be made aware of them to determine if it will cause a delay in the project.
- Material specifications to be used.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of large industrial painting projects.
- Ability to mask aircraft for stripping.
- Ability to remove and reapply PRC.
- Ability to wash and clean aircraft.
By the end of Probation, must have successfully completed:
- WHIMIS training;
- Human factors training;
- Scissor lift training;
- Adherence to housekeeping practices and tools/equipment maintenance procedures.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in aircraft stripping and paint preparation.
- Experience in Aviation or automotive bodywork an asset.
- Physical Effort:
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, bending, kneeling
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Visual and Concentration Effort:
- Must be cognizant of situational awareness at all times with strong attention to detail.
- Frequent changes in priorities.
- Unpleasant, Hazardous, or Challenging Working Conditions:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, slippery floors, dust, adverse weather conditions and working in confined areas.
Come Work with us:
- If you love planes, you’re in the right place. Hundreds of commercial, business & start-up aircraft fly into the New United Goderich hangars every year. It’s evident why so many clients chose us as their aircraft care and refurbishment specialists. Let your career take flight with New United Goderich, spread your wings and find your next opportunity with us.
- New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario. Our facility is a reasonable commute north of London and south of Goderich for those seeking both urban and beach lifestyles.
Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview
Interested? To Apply for this position, e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.