Quality Assurance Manager
About the Company
"INDIVA™ is the number one producer and distributer of cannabis infused edibles in Canada. Based in London, Ontario, Indiva produces only the highest quality cannabis products, presenting Canadians with options for edibles, capsules, whole flower, and pre-rolls. Indiva's portfolio of brands includes: Wana™ Gummies, Bhang® Chocolate , Artisan Batch, and Indiva."
About the role
Reporting to the Director Quality Assurance & Regulatory, The Quality Assurance Manager will work closely with production, maintenance, facilities and shipping teams to ensure that quality standards are established, implemented and maintained throughout all manufacturing operations. Through the effective management of targets, goals and production efficiencies, the Quality Assurance Manager will ensure the ongoing success of the Quality Assurance team.
The Quality Assurance Manager will improve quality inspection, monitoring, documentation and other in-house processes with the objective of constant improvement of quality processes. The Quality Assurance Manager will support the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance systems in strict compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
This role reports to Quality Assurance Director/ QAP
What can you expect to do?
- Oversee Indiva Quality Assurance department as per the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations pertaining to production, processing, packaging, labeling in compliance with Good Production Practices
- Establish and enforce Good Production Practices (GPP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), and Quality Assurance standards
- Support continuous quality improvement of cannabis manufacturing through reinforcement of product quality programs, creation of specifications, and performance and oversight of various auditing and investigation actions
- Prepare and maintain batch records; manage batch approval and release process, including final review and batch approval Review regulations, documents and reports pertaining to the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
- Participate in Health Canada inspections
- Ensure compliance with regulations through internal auditing and quality systems
- Manage and be accountable for a team of Quality Assurance staff
- Interact with production and department managers to manage a first-class quality assurance program
- Review of Quality Control documents, test results, certificates of analysis, procedures and production equipment to ensure compliance to specification
- Oversee preparation of Deviation Investigation Reports, including Root Cause Analysis and Corrective and Preventative Action plans
- Manage procedures and processes pertaining to change control, incidents, complaints, deviations and recalls Monitor the performance of quality assurance employees within department
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Qualifications and Education Requirements Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred) 3+ years of experience as a Quality Manager or Supervisor in a GPP, GMP and/or HACCP regulated environment required
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Direct experience participating in, managing, or conducting quality audits and inspections
- Strong and current knowledge of Good Production Practice, Good Documentation Practice
- Familiarity with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations Proficiency quality management systems, documentation, testing methods Proficient in English (proficient or functional in French is considered an asset)
- Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies, procedures and workflows.
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office
All employees and visitors to Indiva complete screening assessments upon entry. Employees and visitors are required to wear masks and practice social distancing and handwashing procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Quality assurance manager: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place