System Integration Team Lead
Join us in Advancing the Environmental Global Impact within the Rail Industry
For the past 30 years, ZTR has designed, developed and released products that have a positive environmental impact within the Locomotive Industry. Planning for an environmentally sustainable future means taking action today in preparation for tomorrow. Everyone has a role to play and we take ours seriously.
ZTR offers a casual working environment and a group of friendly and talented industry leaders passionate about combating climate change. We encourage and support employees to find long-term success and explore opportunities that play into their strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions; we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to build a rewarding career at ZTR.
What You’ll be Doing
Are you passionate about supporting a more sustainable future? Do you enjoy understanding the customer's needs and providing them with greener and more reliable solutions? Are you data-driven and results-oriented? Whether it’s getting answers for customers quickly, consulting on products with compassion or upselling solution for their issues with a smile, you’ll be the difference between customer experience being just average or an exceptional one.
As System Integration Team Lead within the Development Team, you will be part of a closely-knit team within the organization that brings new products and services to life. You and your team will be responsible for crafting innovative solutions, fostering collaborative synergy among experts, and spearheading the seamless integration of complex systems that will define the future of ZTR.
This is a great opportunity if you want to make your mark within an organization and help implement new standards and processes. We Need You!
- Leading a team focused on designing, development and optimizing of complex systems.
- Oversee high-level design and architecture of systems, considering facts such as functionality, performance, scalability, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Ensure that individual components or subsystems smoothly integrate into a larger system.
- Oversee the testing processes to ensure the system meets quality standards (EN, environmental etc.), identifying and addressing any defects or issues that arise.
- Research and investigate emerging technologies.
- Working with vendors.
- Set technical direction, coordinating efforts, and ensuring the team’s work aligns with performance and efficiency objectives.
- Perform on-site control system and locomotive commissioning at globally located rail yards.
Who Are You?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering and/or equivalent experience and training.
- 5+ years with System Integration experience.
- Proven track record of successfully leading highly technical projects.
- Continuous learning mindset.
- Familiar with off-the-shelf power systems, sensors, and electromechanical devices, enabling informed selection and integration of component into research project.
- Eager to provide mentorship and additional experience to the Engineers around you.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Have the potential ability to travel globally.
Why Choose ZTR?
ZTR is all about our people. That is why we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) within our organization. DEI is essential to our goal of creating a great place to work. We are committed to building a representative workforce and committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are looking for flexible, compassionate and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and who are looking for long-term, meaningful employment in a career that makes a real difference.
At ZTR, we continuously promote a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place where employees make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will be able to direct your career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will address information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants in confidence.