Tool and Die Maker
WHO WE ARE
Vari-Form Manufacturing Inc. is a leader in advanced tube hydroforming technology for the development and manufacture of products used by the automotive industry. Vari-Form Inc. has three facilities in Strathroy, Ontario.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hourly rate of $37.58, plus shift premium
- DC Pension Plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Rotating shifts – days, afternoons, nights
- Manufactures, modifies, or repairs tools with a variety of materials. Uses sketches, blueprints and models to plan for fabrication of consumables in hydroforming dies and CNC bender tooling.
- Diagnose production related problems with tooling and liaises with the engineering staff to identify possible problems with tooling design and function.
- Undertakes tool modifications within the department’s capability following consultations with engineering staff as necessary. Using CNC milling machines, manual mills, lathes and surface grinders.
- Ensures that all AM and PM procedures established for the equipment utilized in the work are maintained on an on-going basis.
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of team quality goals and objectives, continuous improvement ideas and projects, and environmental objectives and targets.
- Support Production and launch demands as deemed necessary with Overtime.
- Comply with company policies and procedures supporting the quality management system, environmental management system, and health and safety.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Certificate of Qualification in Tool & Die recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Three to five years’ experience in an automotive environment.
- Ability to manufacture, modify or repair tooling with a variety of materials.
- Ability to use a variety of tool room equipment such as milling machine, lathe, drill press, surface grinder, hand tools and layout equipment.
- Knowledge of metals and their application.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.