Senior Project Manager
About the job
Senior Project Managers (PMs) at JMP are key leaders and mentors to their peers. They strive for project execution excellence by managing a team of subject matter experts Primary objectives are to manage timing, quality, and financial results of projects from start to finish, to excite the customer with the performance of the product and the services provided, and to deliver business results that meet or exceed JMP’s expectation for awarded projects.
What would a typical day look like?
- Work with the Branch Manager/Division leader to lead and deliver a variety of projects to customer satisfaction, on time and on budget while managing and mentoring the necessary resources across the company
- Lend and assist in the engineering and sales process by working with customers, suppliers and JMP employees to develop, evaluate and communicate ideal design concepts
- Initiate and sustain project related documentation consistent with JMP’s Project Execution Process including Risk Register, Schedule, Open Issues list, Change Management/ECO tracker, Lessons learned and Final acceptance testing.
- Facilitate internal and customer attended design reviews with special attention given to avoid scope creep while applying pre-determined risk mitigation plans.
- Maintain a detailed schedule (MS Project for complex jobs) with a clearly identified Critical Path, ensuring the customer and project team are aware of related constraints.
- Help the team identify un-planned costs and their associated root causes that feed into JMPs systemic problem-solving efforts
- Work closely with Engineering and Supply Chain management to ensure timely design release, ordering of materials and develop Supplier Statements of Work for outsourcing of custom sub systems.
- Control all project changes that impact scope, schedule, budget or FAT/SAT Acceptance testing by using JMP tools and systems to log initial change requests from the Customer or the project team. After requests are logged, follow JMP change management process to ensure proper resolution.
- Look for opportunities to document lessons learned during all project phases and document per JMP standards
- Lead customer review meetings for project proposals and initiate regular project updates to customers consistent with the Project Execution Process while interacting with all levels of management, clients, contractors and vendors
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Design Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, or equivalent experience/technical degree; Professional Engineer and/or PMP designations considered an asset
- PMP certification or equivalent training and experience
- Continuous Improvement skills and training such as Lean Six Sigma, PDCA, 8D, Theory of Constraints, etc. At minimum, the ability to lead people through root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Experience in managing various trades and others from diverse engineering backgrounds
- A strong knowledge of Controls Systems and can adequately estimate time to do various tasks
- Experience in managing projects during commissioning phases and start-up
- Extensive experience in quoting and costing as well as strong organization and planning skills
- Well developed critical thinking skills, able to autonomously make sound decisions and problem-solve with limited supervision
- A strong knowledge of client service needs and technology in the marketplace
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Reliable transportation and an ability to travel; Project Managers at JMP should have the ability to travel within the US and Canada
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
CONVERGIX Automation Solutions (CONVERGIX) is a global systems integrator specializing in custom automated manufacturing systems including, robotics, controls, material handling, information systems, and process automation. As a complete solutions provider, we offer our customers technical expertise and creative solutions to dramatically improve and enhance their processing, manufacturing, and logistics operations.
We are a single Source Automation Solutions Provider that leverages the Geography, Technology, Industry expertise and Capacity of the entire Convergix portfolio across the entire value chain for our customers. We leverage creative, solutions-oriented engineering and technology to close gaps in process efficiency and drive industries forward.
JMP Solutions (a Convergix Company)
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner and CSIA Certified. We are certified as a “Great Place to Work” in both Canada and US. We have also been awarded one of the “Top 50 Best Workplaces Canada” nine (9) times, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion, for Women and Professional Services 2021.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
· Development and Career Growth
· Impact and Recognition
· Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.