McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. We work hard to provide quality products such as our Club House spices, Billy Bee honey and newly acquired Frank’s RedHot and French’s.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers, and our employees is unsurpassed.
McCormick Canada is currently looking to hire an Electrician to join our Maintenance team. This position is located at our Clarke location.
- Primary focus of the role is to provide expertise in troubleshooting electrical problems
- Maintain and troubleshoot plant equipment and machinery including electrical, mechanical and control related issues
- Take a leadership role in maintaining and improving line productivity
- Carrying out electrical preventative maintenance on machines and lines
- Ability to build and or maintain electrical control panels.
- Provide information to the stockroom for maintaining and ordering spare parts
- Ensure a safe and reliable workplace by following all safety and company policies and procedures
- Identify new ways of developing systems to improve efficiency
- Adhere to government regulations and guidelines for machinery repairs
- Adhere to GMP standards, Health and Safety regulations and work procedures
- Work rotating shifts, and overtime when required
- Licensed as Industrial Electrician (442A) with aspirations for second ticket (Millwright 433A)
- Food processing / packaging experience is preferred
- Must have working knowledge of control systems including:
- Allen-Bradley controls - Logix 5000, Kinetix servos, PanelView Plus HMIs, VFDs
- Understanding of industrial safety control systems
- Understanding of all electrical safe work standards
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial control networks including Ethernet/IP
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Fanuc robotic palletizing systems an asset
- Experience with Cognex vision systems
- Knowledge of process control systems
- Must have automation troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in both Mechanical and Electrical trades
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests; highly organized
- Ability to communicate, organize, and plan between maintenance and operations
- Willingness to upgrade technical skills as required
- Physically capable of carrying out all aspects of tasks involved
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at; www.mccormickcorporation.com, job requisition ID 91880
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Throughout the selection process, accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request. Please notify H.R. if required.