SBM is seeking an Intermediate Architectural/Structural Designer/Drafter (Tech II) to join the Structural Drafting/Building Design Division in our London office. Reporting to the Structural/Building Design Lead, the successful candidate will assist in the CAD design of commercial projects and perform site reviews, attend meetings, and compile information for upcoming projects. The successful candidate should be capable of managing small/medium size projects with minimal guidance, providing technical support to Tech I level staff and able to complete general reviews for projects under construction.
SBM is an established multi-disciplinary Planning, Civil, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering firm that utilizes a team first, collaborative approach to building engineering. We are a fast growing, energetic company that encourages personal growth and forward thinking. We are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team. SBM has offices in London and Kitchener, providing engineering services to a variety of private and public sector clients across Southwestern Ontario. The firm employs over 100 engineers, engineers-in-training, technologists, technicians, planners, and administrative personnel.
- Architectural & Structural drafting and design for small/medium sized commercial buildings
- Prepare drawings for projects from design through working drawings
- Complete full sets of construction documents for permit application
- Complete general reviews for projects under construction and site reviews
- Provide technical support to junior staff
- Other tasks as assigned by team lead or division manager
Skills / Qualifications:
- Graduate of Architectural Technology Program or equivalent
- Proficient with AutoDesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office programs; experience in Revit considered an asset
- Experience with Twinmotion rendering software considered an asset
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and practices
- Experience preparing accurate drawings for permit application
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal growth; willingness to learn
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative
- C.Tech or C.E.T. designation considered an asset
- Access to vehicle for site review/inspections
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and annual performance bonus. SBM offers a positive working environment and a good relationship with our employees translates directly to better customer service and a superior finished product for our clients. The successful candidate will typically work 8am-5pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-2:30pm on Fridays.
What We Offer:
- Health Benefits Plan
- RRSP Matching (4%) Program
- Paid Overtime
- Performance Bonuses
- Banked Time Options
- Regular Social and Team Buildings Events
- Opportunity to build great relationships
- Career Growth and Development
- Professional Dues and Training Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
All qualified applicants should apply through this link: https://sbmltd.applytojob.com/apply/A4veIdU5Ja/Intermediate-Designer-ArchitecturalStructural?source=KnightHunter.
References are to be made available upon our request.
SBM is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with relevant governing laws. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2022
Posting Close Date: Sept 6, 2022