Director of Operations, Consumer Health
Catalent is the leading global contract development and manufacturing organization enabling biopharma, cell and gene therapy, and consumer health partners to optimize development, launch, and supply of better treatments and vaccines for patients across a range of technologies and delivery solutions. The Company manufactures more than 70 billion doses of drug each year and supplies roughly 1 in 24 of all doses of medicine and other consumer health products consumed worldwide. The Company’s manufacturing and development operations are spread across more than 50 sites and include a workforce of more than 19,000 across 4 continents. In the 12 months ended March 31, 2022, Catalent generated approximately US$4.7 billion in revenue and has projected sales of over US$7.5 billion by 2026. Its business is organized in four operating segments: Biologics, Softgel & Oral Technologies, Oral & Specialty Delivery, and Clinical Supply Services. Catalent operates a fast-paced, performance-driven, customer-focused, and collaborative business environment.
The Director of Operations, Consumer Health will be accountable for the manufacturing processes at the sites and leading corporate business objectives by directing staff, planning, implementing, and evaluating project and business operations for Manufacturing, CI and Engineering.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of the manufacturing plan at both sites, including on time delivery.
- Accountable to meet and exceed targets for operational areas, including scrap, yield, labor costs
- Accountable to ensure the safe operations of the manufacturing production areas, ensuing safety and environmental targets are meet
- Accountable for successfully delivering in budget Continuous Improvement products and targets, and Engineering project deliverables
- Achieve financial objectives by forecasting functional requirements, prepare an annual budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances, initiate corrective actions, analyze and recommend information and trends for senior executive decision making.
- Service customers by establishing critical service factors such as: maintaining quality service/operations; analyzing, defining, developing, and providing systems/resources; and assess results/anticipate trends.
- Comply with legal requirements by enforcing company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Create alignment by establishing functional objectives aligned with corporate strategy.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce new strategic initiatives.
- Provide leadership by implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplinary programs for the site. Communicate values, assigning accountabilities, planning, monitoring, and appraising job performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or related field.
- MBA or Masters of Engineering preferred.
- Significant career experience with established pharmaceutical manufacturer or contract manufacturing organization.
- Technical or managerial experience in manufacturing.
- Excellent management, negotiating and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results.
- Ability to prioritize and focus team on appropriate tasks.
- Experience in budgeting and proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Driver’s License.
Why you should join Catalent
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance);
- Group Retirement Savings –Registered Pension Plan (RPP) with employer contributions;
- Paid Time Off Programs incl. vacation, banked time & personal time;
- Employee Reward & Recognition programs;
- Opportunities for professional and personal development & growth incl. tuition reimbursement
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.