Team Lead, Air/Ocean
For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
Reporting to the Manager, Canadian Operations, this position is responsible to ensure that release and entry is completed and submitted in conjunction with client within CBSA time frame. The Team Leader spends 30-50% of the time managing the daily activity of their team including workload management and client service and staffing. The Team Leader actively participates in hiring of staff.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- To provide the highest level of customer service to clients, vendors and service providers in acquiring the proper import documentation.
- Preparation of customs/internal documents while oversees Air Ocean team
- Completes complex transactions including Tariff research and classification
- Client servicing, including visits or meetings with customers and reporting of any issues to Manager, Canadian Operations.
- Monitor work volumes and reports to ensure entries completed within custom guidelines
- Assist Manager, Canadian Operations by supervising team members, conducting team meetings, monitoring attendance and work schedules, tracking performance and conducting reviews.
- Completing other duties and projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Secondary school diploma
- Up to date C.S.C.B. Certified Customs Specialist and must maintain annual status
- Understanding of customs tariff and FTA application
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel and Word including the ability to manipulate data within a spreadsheet
- Ability to quickly and efficiently perform internet parts search
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Intermediate knowledge of CCAPP Ability and desire to travel in Canada and the USA
Buckland is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Buckland will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.