Manufacturing/Production Team Leader
Location: Tillsonburg, ON
Shifts Available: 4x10's - Afternoon Shift 4:00p-2:00a and 3x12's - Weekend Shift 6:00a-6:00p
Why Join Marwood
Who We are:
- Marwood International Inc. is a full service, award-winning, Tier I and 2 automotive OEM structural components and modular assembly supplier, that focuses on waste elimination and light-weighting initiatives from prototypes to full volume products to end of life service parts throughout Canada, US and Japan.
- Marwood is also a well-established Canadian owned manufacturing company which have been in the industry for 30+ years!
- We are community oriented, and focused on health and wellness.
We are happy to have you join our team!
- Competitive Pay plus premiums
- GREAT benefits and Perks: dental, medical and vision coverage, as well as outstanding pension plan and more
- Also, company provided uniforms!
- Due to Marwood's growth you will have an opportunity for over-time after 40 hours!
Apply today to speak with our recruiter!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Accountable to ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed
- Accountable to ensure team members receive training to correctly and safely operate equipment and machines and identify training needs
- Accountable in team building, motivation and conflict resolution
- Direct and assist team members to achieve work goals and objectives
- Facilitate team meetings
- Coordinate manpower at daily meetings
- Daily communication with Team Leaders on other shifts
- Aware of hourly targets being met, informing Group Leader of Associates not meeting required
- Problem resolution escalation, SRI, By-Pass Management
- Aware of shipping requirements and report downtime
- Follow correct protocol to troubleshoot
- Evaluate and report on parts inventory, production supplies and cycle counts
- Complete necessary audits: Q/A, 5S, PM's
- Complete new or ongoing projects (5S, Tools, etc)
- Set up and operate production equipment within the team
- Ensure first and last off is complete and quality standards are met
- Initiate and follow up on maintenance repairs
- Ensure daily Preventative Maintenance logs are complete
- Perform Statistical Process Control checks when necessary
- Initiate corrective action and/or continuous improvements
- Monitor quality of production parts and Containment
- Accountable with implementation of new principles and practices
- Check and Balance (Schedule, performance and corrective measures)
- DWI and MOS knowledge and follow through
- Ensure work areas are clean, neat and orderly
- All other relevant duties
- Personal Skills
- Continuous learning
- Initiative and adaptability to change
- Self confidence
- Honesty and integrity
- Planning and organizing
- Results oriented
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Good judgement and problem solving
- Effective teambuilding and team work oriented attitude
- Technical Competencies
- Familiar with Marwood Processes and procedures
- Plex and computer skills
- 2 -5 years related experience
- Grade 12 or GED
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
For more information, please visit our website: www.marwoodinternational.com
We are committed to giving people with disabilities an equal opportunity to provide feedback, and access any information they may need. Please advise if you require accommodation.