Process Technician Team Leader
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber molding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
- Leadership of applications engineering department to ensure the safe and efficient operation of injection molding processes to support the production work schedule
- Training and development of applications department staff and best practices with a focus on safety, employee engagement and continuous improvement
We require a Team Leader who will be responsible for:
- Manage daily operations and work assignments of the team to support the production schedule
- Lead and support team in troubleshooting and optimizing injection molding processes on new and existing tooling with an emphasis on zero defects and meeting customer requirements
- Oversee process improvements to reduce scrap and improve cycle times
- Support department manager with hiring, onboarding and training of new team members
- Staff development responsibilities with coaching and performance reviews
- Instruct staff on assembly of injection molds and fine adjustments to tooling, automation and robotics to ensure proper start-up
- Assist team members to setup new molds, change inserts, seals and bearings
- In cooperation with OTS & TDTS, coordinate maintenance planning for tools, auxiliary equipment and machines as required
- Conduct trials and apply statistical techniques to improve existing molding processes
- Develop systems / methodologies to improve overall molding operational capabilities: mold maintenance, process monitoring, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Establishes and follows action plans for processes out of range
- Compile data and analyze past and current information in order to troubleshoot, optimize and continuously improve all injection molding processes
- Serve as a technical resource to other cross functional team members
- Support TS, ISO and other customer specific audits/ procedures
- Maintain up to date records and knowledge of Quality Systems
- Adherence to safety policies as per ISO 45001
- Communicates effectively through all levels of the organization, supports regular meetings as required
Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by the Manager
Do you have?
- College Diploma plus apprenticeship or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years experience in operating fully automatic injection molding operations
- Ability to effectively coach, manage and support team members
- Advanced knowledge of injection molding equipment, tooling, processes and silicone or thermoplastic materials in the context of a high volume manufacturing operation
Successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement solutions
- Excellent manufacturing knowledge and technical understanding
- Ability to operate Engel injection Molding Machines
- Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
- Understanding of LSR and plastic material properties as it relates to injection molding process
- Understanding of LSR and plastic mold design
- Understanding of SQE tools (8D, FMEA, DFMEA, DOE, APQP, DVP&R, DFMA etc.)
- Proficiency is Microsoft Office programs like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must be able to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye coordination
- Crane/ hoist certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.