- Responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of Injection Molding process to support the production work schedule;
- Reporting to the team leader, this position is responsible for supporting technical requirements associated with LSR processing; tooling, equipment, programming and robotics.
We require a Process Technician who will be responsible for:
- Troubleshoot molding process and make necessary adjustments to produce quality parts
- Set up new molds, running molds and change inserts, seals and bearings on the machine
- Carry out mold change over and change material, colour etc.
- Production start up of injection molds and proper handoff
- Engineering of optimal molding processes on new and existing tooling with an emphasis on zero defects and meeting customer requirements
- Utilize measuring equipment, tools, and gauges as required
- Assemble, set up, and program tooling, machinery and equipment
- Ensure compliance to safety rules, procedures, and company policies
- Participate and support continuous improvement and lean systems activity
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by Manager / Supervisor
Do you have?
- College Diploma plus apprenticeship or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in operating fully automatic injection process end to end
- Experience with Injection molding units an asset
- Experience with Quality System Requirements, such as ISO 9001 and APQP
Successful candidate will also have:
- Experience/understanding of Process Change Management
- Ability to understand product measurements and correlate them to process adjustments
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Above average technical understanding and willing to learn new processes and concepts
- Basic knowledge of engineering terminology, liquid injection molding processes, tooling and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Crane/ hoist certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please send your cover letter and resume to resumes[at]starlim[dot]com
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Starlim North America is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.