Business Development Manager - Various Locations, Ontario
JMP Solutions is constantly on the lookout for top talent in our industry and we are growing fast! If you think your experience and expertise would be an asset to our sales team then please apply today!
We have BDM opportunities throughout Canada and the US, with our offices based in Alberta and Ontario (Canada) and New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio (USA). There is the flexibility to be located elsewhere with the ability to travel to all JMP targeted external client locations throughout Canada and the US.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role at JMP Solutions is responsible for achieving sales targets by creating, sustaining, and cultivating business relationships with existing customers and new target prospects. The role requires frequent client interaction as well as internal communication with our engineering team to develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs and ultimately drive success as measured by our Net Promoters Score process.
The BDM will be responsible for selling Automation and Engineering Services and Solutions in a variety of industries including but not limited to, Food and Beverage, CPG, Oil and Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Material Handling, Information and MES and AGV and Automotive.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Drive new and current business relationships with targeted prospects and customers across defined segments and applications
- Drive the sales process with customers from prospecting to qualifying to the closing of the business
- Function as a lead partner in a given business unit, working closely with the business unit operations manager to help drive growth
- Work with partners to expand our account base and technical offerings to the market
- Drive internal initiatives including promoting the entire JMP suite of offerings to our customer base
- Act as a spokesperson and advocate for JMP Solutions within the industry, promote JMP, and represent the company’s vision, culture, and values. Attend industry events as needed and assist in the development of the JMP Solutions go-to-market plan
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Deep understanding of the automation market
- Unusual level of drive, competitive spirit, and a track record of achievement
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, and territory management skills are essential
- Highly coachable and trustworthy
- High integrity and commitment to delivering JMP values to customers
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration to drive a win-win paradigm
- An ambitious and persuasive achiever with the mindset of customer success
- Maintain control over quality and accuracy by asking questions frequently
- Ability to build strong relationships
- An ability to travel; BDMs should have the ability to travel within the US and Canada
How Could you Boost your Application?
- Business, Marketing or Engineering degree preferred
- Experience in sales processes such as Miller Heiman strategic selling
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to complement the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.