About Us: Established in 1988, Parmerit is a leader in custom machining, fabrication, and automation. Parmerit works with the latest technology to design and fabricate automated systems and parts for a diverse client base across a variety of industries, including automotive, pharmaceutical, aerospace, and defense. Through the past 30 years, we have been dedicated to being an elite supplier of service, quality, and technical expertise.
We value passionate and highly motivated team members who want to make a difference. We pride ourselves on our culture of working as a team to find innovative solutions, relentlessly pursuing excellence, and taking on challenging assignments.
At Parmerit, our goal is to be a partner in business, and to help our customers realize increased value through our products and services. We aim to serve our customers with passion and pride. We are growing our business and are looking for team members who desire to join in this challenge. If you are a passionate about the future and have the drive to succeed, send us your resume.
We look forward to growing with you!
Role Purpose: CNC Machinists produce machined parts by setting up, programming, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. They ensure fabrication and delivery of quality products by observing protocols and taking precise measurements.
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools.
- Position, secure, measure and work metal stock or castings to lay out for machining.
- Set up, program, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, drill, bore, grind or otherwise shape work piece to prescribed dimensions and finish.
- Analyze specifications and decide on tooling according to knowledge of shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, and electronic measuring devices.
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools.
- Operates machines such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, shapers and grinders to fabricate dies, tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Clean, check and lubricate machines to maintain proper operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks.
- Operate fork truck, cranes, and genie boom.
- Follow all OHSA regulations and company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands and can interpret the fundamentals of GD&T
- Previous experience as a CNC programmer/machinist (an asset)
- Trade certification (an asset)
- Ability to program CNC machines
- Proficiency with cam software, and the ability to review technical documentation including project plans, test procedures and design documents (an asset)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- CNC Machining: 3 years (preferred)
- CNC Set Up: 3 years (preferred)
- CNC Programming: 1 year (preferred)