Engineering Coordinator- Process
Job Number: 6446
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto “One Team. One Formet.”
Ensure that equipment meets or exceeds customer requirements with respect to safety, quality, flexibility and throughput. Establish process parameters and procedural requirements creating checks and balances to police conformance. Develop, analyze and implement continuous improvement ideas to meet long term customer required cost reductions and maintain profitability. The scope of work includes all capital equipment and tooling for internal manufacturing systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Establish, monitor and control timeline planning.
- Review, monitor and control tooling and capital budgets.
- Prepare presentations to engineering and management teams.
- Travel to customers/vendors to investigate quality concerns; tooling build process and buyoffs.
- Must be capable of handling projects from inception to completion.
- Deal with customers concerns.
- Prepare cycle-time analysis and/or time studies, to facilitate line balancing.
- Prepare reports, charts and other documentation required for engineering records and projects.
- Participate as required in all ISO14001 and ISO/TS16949 activities such as PFMEA and APQP incentives.
- Work in a safe, organized, effective, efficient and proactive manner.
- Assist in developing material handling logistics.
- Provide assistance with internal instruction of new equipment or processes.
- Coordinate and assist in activities for successful attainment of customer quality milestones.
- Assist in setting up preventative/predictive maintenance requirements.
- Co-ordinate all required actions to resolve quality issues.
- Assists in Special Material Runs requirements and Service Part requirements.
- Support FEC procedure with specific outline responsibilities.
- Provide product design direction based on part manufacturability.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable work related experience or hold a Certificate of Qualification in a related trade.
Must have 3-5 years of troubleshooting, repairing, and improving systems.
- Overtime after 44 hours per week.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH) + 2 half days.
- Medical and Dental Coverage.
- Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met.
- Magna Profit Sharing.
- Matched GRRSP.
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage.
- Educational Assistance program.
- Subsidized Cafeteria.
- Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
- Weekly pay via direct deposit.
- Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
- Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
- Roger’s cell phone plan available to Formet Team Members - $40.00 / month
- Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.