Who We Are
UNBUN Foods ULC is a portfolio company comprised of two wholly owned subsidiaries. UNBUN Foods (Keto Buns LTD) was founded in London, Ontario in 2018 and Fat Snax, Inc was founded in New York in 2017. Together, we have one passion and that is for creating innovative, better-for-you bakery products.
The UNBUN brand has distribution in over 3,500 stores in both Canada and the US, while Fat Snax has over 4,500 stores in the US only. Our mission is simple: to give people that follow low-carb, paleo, gluten-free, grain-free and plant-based diets the option to still enjoy their favourite restaurants, chains, fast food and meals at home without compromising taste or quality of dining experience.
The company is seeking a strong Financial Controller to perform a range of operational and accounting duties to support the administrative and financial functions of both subsidiaries. There is a preference for candidates near our manufacturing facility in London, ON area but the company will consider remote arrangements as well.
Our ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter, detailed-oriented, and have an analytical and innovative approach to problem solving. Prior full cycle bookkeeping, payroll and monthly close experience is required.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and ambitious individual to join a rapidly growing organization, work collaboratively with all functions within the business, and be an integral member of our growing team.
- Full cycle bookkeeping activities for Fat Snax Inc and Keto Buns LTD
- Manage accounts receivable, including ensuring all customer purchase orders are captured and invoices issued in a timely fashion
- Manage accounts payable, including ensuring all vendor invoices are entered with payments issued on time
- Prepare and submit all relevant tax filings (GST/HST, source deductions, etc.)
- Manage payroll and benefits administration
- Handle various other human resources duties, such as new employee onboarding activities, completing WSIB reporting, and assisting with other health and safety reporting/initiatives
- Prepare and distribute regular financial reports to the senior management team and Board
- Prepare periodic financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow forecast) for internal stakeholders
- Engage with external business partners on matters related to banking, insurance, year ends, tax compliance, etc.
- Ensure inventory records are accurate and up to date
- Be an integral contributor to financial budgets and forecasts
- Provide support to other areas of the business as required
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of “better for you” food
- Flexible team player – able to step into a variety of roles based on business needs
- CPA designation (or near completion)
- Experience using NetSuite
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in progressive accounting roles
- Experience with both Canada companies is preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Data driven and analytical with an understanding of how financial analysis and goal setting can help drive growth initiatives
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
What’s in It for You
A high level of empowerment and a leadership role in a high growth company! Compensation will be comprised of a competitive salary, stock options, comprehensive group health benefits, 3 weeks vacation, and all the Unbun and Fat Snax products you can eat :)
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please submit a formal cover letter and resume for consideration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- NetSuite: 1 year (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London, ON N5V 3G5