The primary role of this position is to receive stock, verify and transact materials to ensure timely and accurate flow of materials into and out-off the central warehouse. Will work with the production leaders, planners and manager to ensure accurate inventory is available for production.
- Receives/Transacts all raw materials, parts, and/or finished goods. Verifies versus pack lists/truck bills and/or work orders for accuracy.
- Prepares materials and delivers materials to designated locations through the use of manual or powered equipment.
- Inspects material for conformance to standards. Inspects for visible damage to materials.
- Issues, addresses and responds to material non-conformance as required.
- Communicates with Buyer(s) if materials arrive in suspect condition. Must use good judgment to determine if materials should be refused due to damage.
- Performs Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) transactions as directed by planner/manager.
- Performs cycle count duties for assigned inventory items
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies. Will work with Inventory Control to correct inventory discrepancies.
- Keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Completes daily reports, audits and cell boards.
- Works with Planner/manager to ensure proper order management and planning to meet quality and On-Time Delivery.
- Executes Kan-Ban processes in work cell.
- Responsible for Material presentation, KanBan management, and 5S.
- May be required to gather P/N label requirements from each cell, produce labels, and return to the cell.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measures of Performance
- On-Time Delivery (RecDock cleared daily, Material Delivery to Production Facility)
- Inventory Accuracy (Measured by Cycle Count Results)
- Picking Accuracy (Total Orders – Returns due to Wrong Item)/(Total Orders)
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Charts the Course – Knowledgeable, capable and agile; curious and learns on the fly.
- Leads through DBS – able to manage multiple priorities and deliver a consistently strong contribution.
- Builds People, Teams and Organizations – leverages strengths of other associates to meet shared goals
- Work with a high degree of accuracy for counting parts, inspecting parts and solving inventory problems.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Inventory Management experience preferred (i.e., inventory transactions, cycle counting, & material handling).
- 2 or more years material handling or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have basic math skills
- Computer and keyboard experience required.
- Must have strong understanding of ERP and transactional processes
- Must have a good working knowledge of Kan-Ban processes.
- Requires associate to pass fork truck driving test
- Ability to maintain good driving record.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.