Who is the Automation & Robotics Team?
We tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://youtu.be/VE54s8Dc0kE
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
Progressive. As an Electrical Designer, you will contribute to 1-3 projects daily. You will select and layout all required electrical hardware of custom flexible robotic automation systems. This includes industrial panels, I/O, cabling, and power distribution. You will collaborate with your team to find solutions to achieve targeted functional outcomes that meet budgets and timelines. Given the client-focused nature of the work, employees may be required to work over weekends or outside of standard business hours as needed. Trips to customer sites in North America several times per year are required, typically lasting several days per trip.
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- An Electrical/Computer Engineer or Technologist with 2-5 years’ experience in electrical and automation system design, electrical drafting, electrical codes and design calculations, incorporating PLC’s, HMI, Networks, etc.
- Working knowledge of best practices for industrial electrical panel designs
- Eager to support a mixture of electrical design in-office and troubleshooting on the shop floor
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley controls hardware, local electrical codes, and drafting conventions
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD
- Talented team player capable of working efficiently within a multi-disciplinary team
- Focus on results through effective component selection while driving internal standards
How Could you Boost your Application?
- Experience with industrial controls system design, PLC programming, robot programming
- Exposure to the Food & Beverage and/or the Consumer Packaging Industries
- Familiarity with Eplan
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Electrical
- Comfortable with managing multiple competing project priorities in parallel
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.