This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 18, 2023
Design Engineer Product Support
AT DIAMOND AIRCRAFT, WE COMBINE ATTENTION TO DETAIL WITH CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY AND PIONEERING INNOVATION. OUR DEDICATION TO THE QUALITY OF OUR ENGINEERING AND WORKMANSHIP MAKES OUR AIRCRAFT THE SAFEST IN THEIR CLASS.
Skills & Experience:
- Assist in the preparation of airworthiness compliance reports and certification plans
- Review design and certification methods to ensure that the products will be certified in an efficient and complete manner
- Liaise with Engineering, production and Customer Support to manage projects and issues
- Provide design guidance to Specialists relating to methods of compliance
- Track and document issues, reports and actions
- Coordinate submission of Compliance Data
- Perform and coordinate certification activities for new aircraft types or changes to Type Design (design changes, Airplane Flight Manual, Airworthiness Limitations) with Transport Canada and foreign Airworthiness authorities
- Negotiate and gain agreement with authorities related to interpretation of requirements
- Liaise with TCCA on Programs, interfacing and focal point for all communication relating to aircraft certification and continuing airworthiness between the company and the Airworthiness authorities
- Manage issues, actions and reports for all activities
- Control TCCA LOI
- Participate in the engineering change board
- Perform all work in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
We offer a market-standard salary based on your professional and personal suitability.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Understanding of basic engineering and design principles
- Basic Understanding of aeronautical regulations and guidance material
- Familiar with aerospace products and processes
- Proficient in PC use; including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Project Applications and AutoCAD
- Strives to achieve a high level of quality and productivity
- Ability to produce clear and comprehensive written procedures and reports.
- Proactive thinker and creative.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be a team player and a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility & good judgment
- Must be highly adaptable to effectively deal with changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a Certification or Airworthiness Engineer
- Experience in working with Aviation Regulations and guidance material
- Experience in the engineering and design of aeronautical products
- Experience with new product development
- Experience working with Transport Canada , the FAA and EASA
- Delegation from an Aviation Authority
If you are interested in this challenging position, we are looking forward receiving your application!