Financial and Cost Analysis
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial & Cost Analyst will be involved in budgeting and forecasting, analyzing the financial reporting of our business units, performing profit analysis, providing cost and variance analysis and more.
- Analyze and communicate actual financial and operational performance vs. forecast and budget for each operating unit and department. Understand and explain variances accordingly.
- Departmental spending and analysis. Provide timely guidance and support to departmental managers by highlighting variances to forecast and budget, recommending appropriate corrective actions. Act as facilitator in driving corporate financial performance.
- Provide operational support by measuring and reporting the cost/benefit associated with key projects/initiatives.
- Assist with month end processing and analysis.
- General ledger account reconciliations as required.
- Capital spending tracking and analysis.
- Assist with the development of monthly financial forecasts and annual budgets.
- Support business reviews with insightful analysis and improving forecast capabilities.
- Recommend changes in analysis and budgetary methods and procedures; analyzes the impact of various corporate projects and transactions.
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met.
- Other duties as required.
- College Diploma and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance).
- CPA or demonstrated progress towards certification an asset.
- Minimum 1-4 years of work experience in a financial analyst role.
- Experience and familiarity with pharmaceutical, manufacturing and/or GMP facilities.
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection.
- Ability to deliver financial information in a concise yet thorough manner.
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical ability required.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership to meet deliverables on time.
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement preparation.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting systems, budgets and forecasting, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Position located in Strathroy, Ontario or Windsor, Ontario.
Regular working hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM or 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM with a 30- minute unpaid lunch.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. Use of manual dexterity is required. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, bend or twist, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
We will identify candidates based on the following Catalent Competencies:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.