Director of Product Management
Join us in Advancing the Environmental Global Impact within the Rail Industry
ZTR is a leading global railway technology company that modernizes and digitally connects railway rolling stock to help our clients create transformational environmental and operational efficiencies. Our solutions and services have been provided for decades across the world and are used on thousands of locomotives.
ZTR offers a positive working environment and a group of friendly and talented industry leaders passionate about driving environmental and financial benefits for our clients. We encourage and support employees to find long-term success and explore opportunities that play into their strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions; we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you continue on a journey to build a rewarding career at ZTR.
What You’ll be Doing
Are you passionate about supporting a more sustainable future? Do you enjoy working with talented individuals to solve complex problems? Are you excited to work on truly innovative product development? Are you data-driven and results-oriented? Whether it’s solving problems, consulting on products with compassion or continuing to train and develop your skills, you’ll be helping to push an entire industry technologically forward.
As the Director of Product Management, you'll have the rare opportunity to leverage your deep understanding and experience of Product Management to develop, define, and drive our Product strategy and approach, all the while building and empowering a dynamic "winning" focused Product Management Department.
Responsibilities include but are limited to:
Maintain a hands-on approach to owning a product line as well as leading a team to implement best practices and frameworks for:
- Analyzing current market conditions, customer needs, product performance and competitor positions to formulate long term strategies for products lines and software.
- Evaluating, prioritizing and scheduling of new product innovations.
- Managing development and commercialization processes to fixed timelines.
- Communicating product status with a constant cadence of weekly or monthly connections with internal/external stakeholders to support readiness with new features, product launches, pilots and product sunsetting.
- Engaging with customer facing stakeholders to develop feedback loops that increase the customer acquisition rate and retention rates.
- Managing financial and quality performance targets by product that include regular pricing reviews, material cost out initiatives, manufacturability goals and revenue growth.
- Some hands-on Product Management will be required
Who you are:
- 10+ years of relevant Product Management Experience
- Relevant university degree in business or in a technical field
- Experience in Product Team leadership
- Prior record of success managing multiple product lines, including equipment and cloud-based software.
- Proven ability to own the product lifecycle from concept through design, pilot, commercialization, sustainment and end of life.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities and meeting project deadlines.
- Proven ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the business.
- Hands-on style that is capable of fueling a high-energy and action-oriented culture.
Strong work ethic with the drive and determination to succeed
- Capable to fuel a high-energy, action-oriented culture and team
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to utilize time effectively
- Potential ability to travel
Why Choose ZTR?
ZTR is all about our people. That is why we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) within our organization. DEI is essential to our goal of creating a great place to work. We are committed to building a representative workforce and committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are looking for flexible, compassionate and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced working environment, and who are looking for long-term, meaningful employment in a career that makes a real difference.
At ZTR, we continuously promote a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place where employees make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will have the ability to direct your career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
ZTR Control Systems provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will address information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants in confidence.