McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business serving energy customers since 1949. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso™ and Shell® branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, having retained its designation consecutively since 2011. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities across regions of Ontario and Western Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for a detail-oriented Credit Representative with a positive attitude to join our team. Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Credit Representative is responsible for collections, while ensuring customer satisfaction and retention. This role is responsible for monitoring customer accounts for compliance to credit policies, reviewing and investigating all past due accounts, and contacting customers regarding collection of outstanding balances.
- Review Accounts Receivable aging list and credit warning reports in assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Identify and investigate all past due accounts, budgets, and Non-Sufficient Funds.
- Complete risk analysis for customers with past due accounts.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve concerns in a timely, efficient manner resulting in achievement of first call resolution targets.
- Participate in the management of incoming calls.
- Participate and facilitate
the management of residential budgets payments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Credit or Accounts Receivable environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize a significant workload
- Ability to handle large volumes of data with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to handle sensitive communications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer proficiency; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with an ERP system an asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Company Paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Healthcare & Lifestyle Spending Account
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. Applicants needing to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance please contact the Human Resources Department at (705)941-9365.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.