Ilderton, ON (London)
Pacer Building Components is hiring a Transport Driver to join our amazing team in Ilderton, Ontario (London). Pacer Building Components (an Atlas Engineered Products (AEP) Company), is one of Canada’s fastest growing, publicly traded, supplier of trusses, windows, doors and engineered products, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across the country.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and motivated, with a focus on providing a high degree of external and internal customer service as we grow our team and business!
This position is essential to our smooth day to day operations at Pacer and is a core role in the company. As a Transport Driver for this busy facility, clear communication, cooperation, and collaboration will be crucial for success.
What can we offer you?
- Extended Heath and Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- DEI Focused Environment
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Career Opportunities Across Canada
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Ensure loads are properly secured
- Check with the loaders to ensure accuracy for delivery
- Safe operation of truck and trailer
- Daily inspection/log books as per Ministry of Transportation Standards
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate delays, arrivals or equipment issues as required
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum 2 years AZ driving experience
- Clean Commercial Vehicle Operator Record and Drivers Abstract
- Experience driving trusses or over-sized loads is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team-oriented individual with a strong, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals and delivery paperwork
- Ability to provide a current Police or RCMP Criminal Record Check
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a core value of AEP that is supported and demonstrated across our entire organization. All applicants, regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, disability, nation of origin, age, or religion, will be given fair and equal treatment and consideration.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an your up to date resume and cover letter below.
Please note, while we appreciate your interest in this exciting opportunity, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.