HR Office Coordinator - Temporary (1 Year Contract)
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Formet is one of the largest manufacturing employers in Southwestern Ontario producing body and chassis components for assembly plants across North America. Our 1.1 million square foot facility features industry-leading hydroforming, roll-forming, hot-stamping, robotic assembly and post-assembly coating processes. At Formet, we take care of each other and live by the motto “One Team. One Formet.”
The Human Resources Coordinator – Office is responsible to carry out a wide variety of duties for the Human Resources Department with a focus on Human Resources Systems, Internal and External Recruiting, Formet Sponsored Programs and providing value added support for the entire HR Department.
- Completion of post-secondary education from an Administrative Assistant, Office Administration or Human Resources Management program.
- A minimum of 1 year work related experience with a focus on Human Resources systems, internal and external recruiting or administration preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations, Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Plant Human Resources Coordinators for designated areas of responsibility included, but not limited to;
- Ensure the effective delivery of support services for the internal posting program including preparation of all requisitioned job opportunities, collection of applications, hiring process summary, follow up letters to unsuccessful candidates if required, personnel announcements, status change paperwork etc.
- Preparation of presentations for Department and Leadership Meetings
- Ensure the timely updating of EOS Action Plans, Departmental Goals, Key Performance Indicators and provide reports as required or requested.
- Preparation of legal and Hotline packages in a timely manner.
- Preparation of discipline packages.
- Act as backup for other Office Coordinators for periods of absences.
- Assist in maintaining departmental KPIs through data collection and resulting dashboard.
- Monitor departmental spending.
- Ensure the positive induction of new Team Members by providing new Team Member sign in sessions and participate in New Hire Orientations when required.
- Provide administrative support to the Hiring Process including, but not limited to;
- Processing of paperwork related to hiring, internal movement and severance of employment (including coop, summer and foreign students).
- Completion of new hire testing
- Maintain tracking system to ensure the timely selection of candidates for both internal and external hiring needs.
- Provide various system reports upon request.
- Review and provide feedback for externally requested personnel queries (E.g. Service Canada)
- Cover the HR Reception Desk including, but not limited to the items listed below.
- Listen, respond to (ensuring accuracy of information), or direct for response and follow up on Team Member queries and concerns maintaining a friendly, courteous manner.
- Answer telephone calls for the Main HR Office in a professional manner.
- Order sympathy and congratulatory flowers for Team Members as requested.
- Process incoming and outgoing departmental mail.
- Distribute faxes as time permits
- Issue forms and vouchers in accordance with divisional policy.
- Maintain the self-serve “form pick-up and drop-off” centre within the HR office.
Duties and Responsibilities (Continued)
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department included, but not limited to;
- Maintenance of team member communication boards for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Timely, accurate data entry and filing of Team Member status changes and all other personnel activity data (i.e. discipline, property allocation, employment verification etc.)
- Prepare departmental travel arrangements as required.
- Maintain the cafeteria Team Member “personal items” communication board.
- Order office supplies as requested.
- Ensure compliance to all established procedures/standards to this role and resolve discrepancies/deficiencies where required.
- Responsible for ensuring that core responsibility areas are completed in required timelines.
- Assist in development of Continuous Improvement initiatives and manage resulting projects to completion and implementation as assigned, including EOS action plans.
- Maintenance of all Human Resources Information Systems.
- Maintenance of the Magna Service Award Program. Provide relevant information for use during the monthly team member meetings.
- Assist in development and maintenance of divisional programs including, Company Clothing, Promotional Program, Magna Sponsored Programs.
- Maintain both the uniform and personal locker program, acting as a liaison to the uniform representative.
- Participate in the co-ordination of any company functions including (ie. Picnic, Christmas Parties, etc).
- Perform other duties as designated.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments.
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.).
Safety & Houskeeping
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
- Follow and ensure the company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to Formet’s safety rules and regulations.
- Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example.
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
- As with Safety, Security is everyone’s responsibility and Formet requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you identify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP (Partners in Protection) and C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) requirements.
Follow environmental protocol as prescribed by the Environmental Management System (EMS)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.