This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Maintenance Parts Planner/Purchaser
The Maintenance Parts Planner/Purchaser is a part of a cross-functional team to maximize the departments effectiveness and efficiency. This position is responsible for ensuring that the maintenance team has the appropriate inventory of parts, supplies and materials to efficiently address all maintenance, repair, and operations requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the OEM replacement and/or procurement (RFQ) of alternative custom-made parts, supplies, equipment, and services related to Maintenance and Operations.
- Maintain and/or establish a reliable network of outside vendors and suppliers to ensure cost effective and timely support of the maintenance function to manage failure consequences.
· Process requisitions from the maintenance team for required materials, consumable, parts, and equipment.
· Verify maintenance inventory system (CribMaster) to reflect accurate information for all required data fields (part number, asset number, part quantities, locations, cost/currency, special notes and relevant attachments-BOM, drawings etc.)
· Verify that all supplies, parts, and equipment are identified and cross referenced to all plant assets in inventory system, CMMS system.
· Maintain the organization of spare parts so that parts are easily located and tracked in a timely manner.
· Responsible for receiving inventory, verification to packing list, PO documents, identified in their designated area and data entry into inventory systems.
· Generate all new inventory labelling, relabeling of returned items and relevant inventory (barcoding).
· Stock all inventory into allocated stores, racking designations.
· Assist with cycle counts as required and/or scheduled.
· Assist with kitting of supplies, parts, and equipment for all maintenance demand work.
· Assist with processing returns to stores and returned kits from demand work.
· Coordinate with inventory team as to status of returns (new, repairs, disposed)
· Assist maintenance technicians and other production and process team members with locating and procuring supplies, parts and equipment as required.
· Maintain documentation of supplies, parts and equipment that are checked out for repairs. (Document the asset number, part number, serial number, who the part went to, when the parts are to be returned and notification to affected parties of part availability)
· Organize and maintain cleanliness of maintenance shop, maintenance warehouse, kitting area and quarantine areas.
· Keep inventory area clean, organized, efficient.
· As part of cross – functional team develop continuous improvement initiatives for maintenance inventory functions.
· Follow all company safety programs to provide the highest quality service for our customers.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and write in English to complete required documentation.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing, inventory systems, with knowledge of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Mechanical engineering technician certificate and/or relevant 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Mechanically inclined and/or transferable skills from a similar industry are consideredan asset.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic math, critical thinking, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases, and general computer literacy
- Possess an internal customer focus and the ability to work collaboratively with people.
- Experience with SAP-ERP programs
- Ability to operate forklift, overhead crane and power too2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-03