Specialist/Engineer – Electrical Systems
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the men and women who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Concept, design, analyze, integrate, test, and/or troubleshoot electrical systems in a vehicle environment. Examples may include: Electronic vehicle architecture, power generation/control/distribution, wiring harness design, CANBUS and Ethernet networking, C5ISR systems (see Preferred Qualifications), weapon systems, operator display and control stations
- Develop and maintain Technical Data Packages (TDP), prepare and present formal Design Reviews to internal and external stakeholders
- Investigate, respond, and implement corrective actions to production, supplier or field issues
- Support prototype builds, create test plans, execute tests and create test reports to validate designs, mitigate risks and/or troubleshoot problems
- Plan, organize, and maintain records of progression to ensure successful completion of projects on schedule and within budget
- Develop plans and estimates for current and future projects
- University Degree or College Diploma in electrical engineering discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- Experience with design and integration of advanced electrical systems. Specific areas of expertise are noted in Preferred Qualifications.
- Strong motivation to become a Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas noted in Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated strength in MS Office applications and other engineering software
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport.
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions for confined space.
- Experience with typical military standards such as MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-461/464, MIL-STD-810, etc
- Experience with electrical system design for military vehicles, off-road vehicles, and/or typical automotive platforms
- Experience with Electromagnetic fields theory, applications, simulation and testing
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) / Military Communications design, signal analysis, and antenna co-site analysis
- Experience with design, integration and testing of typical military C5ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) equipment and systems
- Experience with CANBUS and Ethernet network design, integration, testing, and troubleshooting
- Certified TEMPEST Professional (CTP) or CTP in training
- Military experience with aforementioned technologies
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.