Student, P&D Summer Co-op
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- 3 shift support
- Develop training program to rollout hardware & software in a manufacturing environment:
- Face-to-face training with Bargaining Unit employees
- Class setting training on how to use:
- Email (e.g. create new, add attachments)
- Tablet (e.g. camera, meetings)
- Snag-it screen capture
- Shop support during roll-out:
- Sign on
- Form creation
- Form filling
- Hand Held Reader use
- Tablet assistance
- Technology use assistance
Develop additions to Work Instructions to support use of Operator Self Verification systems and Electronic Work Instructions (EWI)
- Collaboration with IT Team in hardware distribution and assignments
- Meeting setup and attendance
- Coordination between functional departments and IT
- Feedback and problem resolution
Work with Manufacturing Engineering to develop automation for EWI and Folder Structure navigation, Technical Data Centre coordination for Work Instruction drops:
Collaborate with Technical Data Centre for automation ideas.
Where necessary write procedures for new processes that develop as a result of automation and EWI use
How to use TeamCentre Manufacturiing and Amazon Web Services
Work with Production Teams and Human Resources for training opportunities using current learning management system
Work with Product Assurance to ensure that forms are saving and archiving correctly and work flowing where necessary.
- Currently enrolled in College Diploma/University degree in Manufacturing Engineering or IT related discipline
- Ability to work all three shifts as required. Successful candidates will be assigned to each shift in two week rotations for the duration of the term. Rotation length is subject to change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to assist and deliver training to individuals of all skill levels.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.