Health and Safety Coordinator
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Our London Plant is seeking a Production Manager. You will be responsible for supervision and development of manufacturing supervisors and associates while successfully managing order prioritization and planning, data analysis and reporting, and most importantly driving continuous execution and improvement against Pactiv's KPIs - Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost. The position serves as an integral part of the manufacturing leadership team and works extensively with internal groups (quality, planning, materials management purchasing etc) as well as external Finance, Customer Service, Engineering and Senior Leadership functions.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Accountable to the Plant Manager, the Health and Safety Supervisor functions to maintain the Environmental, Health, and Safety programs, including the overseeing of Training and Inspections, as per the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with SOX audit requirements.
- Manage the incident investigations, follow-up and reporting in Gensuite.
- Schedule EHS Training.
- Work with Departments to Develop Procedures and Safe Work Instruction.
- Work with the Single Point Accountable personnel, who perform inspections.
- Report EHS Metrics, as required by Pactiv.
- Function as Liaison with regulatory.
- Develop Food Packaging procedures and GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- May assist Plant Engineering in ensuring plant conforms to all ASI standards as requested.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Plant Manager.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to Operations Management on OHSA mandated programs.
- May develop and update OHSA Programs.
- Performs plant inspections.
- Has a broad knowledge of federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Maintains and manages accident database.
- Conducts trends analyses using database information.
- Manages worker’s compensation claims.
- Updates monthly safety performance indexes.
- Acts as Company liaison for Government officials.
- Communicates safety issues to employees using monthly Communication Meetings, memos, etc
- Member of Safety Steering Committee and Co-Chair, Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Generates and maintains records related to committee activities.
- Coordinates scheduling, attendance, action item follow-up.
Special Kowledge and Skills:
- Have a fundamental knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act for Ontario. Must have Certification under WSIB Level II.
- Must have formal Management training for EHS managers(i.e. Dupont, GE, Alcoa)
- Must have training in document development, including writing SWIs, JSAs, GMPs WHMIS
- Must have background with Equipment/Process reviews/Management of Change to approve processes. (Regulation 851-Section 7 Ontario).
- Must have ability through education, training, or experience to use Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques used to report EHS metrics.
- Must have TDGA Certification (Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act – Canada).
- Must have practical experience in the Windows environment.