This role is for the afternoon shift. Monday to Thursday 4:00pm - 2:30am.
Indiva (TSXV: NDVA) (OTCQX: NDVAF) is a Canadian licensed producer of premium cannabis and cannabis products, and a provider of extraction, manufacturing and refinement services. Indiva aims to be a clear Canadian leader in the cannabis industry by creating products that outperform the field in their quality and creativity.
In Canada, Indiva will produce and distribute the award-winning Bhang® Chocolate, Ruby® Cannabis Sugar, Sapphire™ Salt, Ruby® Gems, and other derivative products through licence agreements and joint ventures.
Processing Supervisor - Afternoon Shift
- The Processing Supervisor will lead a team and manage day-to-day operations of the Processing Department.
- Ensure compliance with security measures, standard operating procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and government regulations for all tasks/equipment related to harvesting, processing and packaging
- Manage safe work conditions and practices within the production area. Enforce company Safety, Health and Environmental policies
- Help draft and update procedures relating to regulatory, training and quality compliance for processing to ensure repeatable performance and high-quality end products.
- Oversee shift scheduling including work station assignments/shift rotations, training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent Team Members
- Ensure all Team Members are trained sufficiently in operating machines and/or tasks
- Tracks employee work performance and attendance, monitoring adherence to production plan, start-times, dismissal times and additional daily activities.
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment through collaborative discussions, team communications, rigorous root cause analysis and transparent decision making.
- Maintain accountability and inventory of all raw materials, finished products, and by-products, participating in internal audits as directed.
- Conducts reviews of non-conforming finished products, ensures quality control is maintained and corrective actions are developed.
- Lead Daily/Weekly Operational Reviews, ensuring alignment between quality goals and performance standards.
- Uses data to evaluate and improve processes and procedures.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated as necessary
- Oversee sanitizing, organizing and preparing all processing areas.
- Work closely with the Processing Leads and other subject matter experts to drive continuous improvement
- Communicate effectively with other department managers, supervisors and employees to ensure timely resolution of problems to achieve department and company objectives.
- Create, measure and report KPIs to employees and Managers
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work in fast paced and growing environment
- 3- 5 years of experience supervising production in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership: Provide guidance and direction to the processing team
- Innovative: Think of creative and efficient solutions to problems others may take for granted.
- Experience running packaging lines and equipment is a definite asset
- Desire to function in a team-based environment with aspirations for personal growth
- Ownership: Take pride in what you do. Treat the process as if it is your own. Proactive and diplomatic approach to leading people
- Sense of urgency and responsibility to meet delivery schedules
- Ability to work long (off hours) and weekends if required
- Ability to attend emergencies after hours if required (example: power shutdown in the middle of the night or weekend)
- Must have proficiency using MS Office Suite, D365 experience is an asset
Note: Security clearance will be requested for this position. Candidate must be able to pass a criminal record check.
We appreciate the interest from candidates however we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements.
INDIVA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Stock options
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)