Senior Engineering Product Designer
Come build the future with us!
We are looking for a critical member of a cross functional team to lead an individual product category team of engineers responsible for design, launch and sustainability of one or more product categories Masco Canada sells.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 10 years engineering experience in a product design and manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of manufacturing processes and materials such as injection molding, casting, machining, assembly and component cleaning
- Good project and time management skills with experience in handling multiple projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be self-motivated and to work in a multidisciplinary team environment as well as individually
- Experience with the redesign of components for the purpose of cost reduction or improvements to products
- Knowledge of value engineering techniques and software would be advantageous
- Capable of modifying or designing products and developing prototypes. Develop prototype testing requirements with hands-on experience to oversee proof of design
- Strong 3D modeling and detail design in Pro Engineer Wild Fire 2, Creo or similar CAD program
- Knowledgeable with power point, excel, word and also have a working knowledge of JDE and Teamcenter or similar MRP and vault system
- Must have above average written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use product and component development practices such as design verification plan and report (DVP&R) and failure mode effect analysis (FMEA)
- Familiar with Canadian and US codes and standards such as the National Building Code and the CSA B125 standards for plumbing
- Have experience in creating engineering change bulletins and the knowledge to analyze and modify bill of materials
- Familiar with technical information received from external suppliers such as material specifications, test methods and capable of interpreting drawings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Occasional travel to the USA is required
- University or college graduate of a Mechanical Engineering program or related field, meeting the academic requirements for registration with, the Professional Engineers of Ontario (P.Eng.) or the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (CET).
- P. Eng. designation is an asset
What you will do:
- Coach and review the work of other team members as necessary
- Responsible for engineering design in assigned category(s)
- Obtains feedback and approval from manager within department on complex matters or when a technical review is required.
- Identify project risks and aid in action plans to eliminate/mitigate risk.
- Create drawings from proposal to final design. Responsible for all drawing information including tolerance / fits, GD&T, dimensional stack up and surface finishes.
- Develop testing and verification testing requirements
- Create design verification and report (DVP &R) and failure mode effect analysis (FMEA)
- Prepare reports when requested
- Maintain proper filing of information related to projects
- Responsible for accuracy of bill of materials
- Critical member of the cross-functional team when changing existing products or launching new products
- Be responsible for more complex and technical projects within the Product Engineering Team
- Other duties as assigned.
Masco Canada (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.