Senior Specialist, Security Services
- Responsible for the delivery of all site based security protection within an assigned portfolio (domestic and international)
- Provide strategic/tactical direction of physical and personal security of GDLS-C personnel within Canada and deployed internationally:
- Security briefings and education
- Residential / Compound/Hotel accommodation security reviews
- Security reviews and recommendations for travel
- “New” facility security infrastructure recommendations and oversight
- VIP event security
- Crisis management
- GDLS-C Company Security Officer authorized and responsible for liaison with Public Services and Procurement Canada- Canadian International and Industrial Security Directorate on issues and handling of Classified documentation, COMSEC material, national security matters and associated audits.
- Canadian Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) Designated Official responsible for liaison with the CGD and compliance of GDLS-C with the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and associated audits and security assessments.
- Provide strategic and tactical security, Industrial Security Program (ISP), and Controlled Goods Program advice and liaison to GDLS-C management at all levels
- Manage Security Service sub-contract i.e., GardaWorld or other sub-contracts as required
- Responsible to develop and/or administer all security directives, protocols and procedures for GDLS-C (London and other sites as required)
- Perform/coordinate direct or indirect security investigations as required
- Approve security access authorizations for all GDLS-C personnel and service providers as required
- Provide CGP clearance requests for GDLS-C visits to other CGP related industry partners
- Have the ability to possess or obtain a “TOP SECRET” Canadian security classification
- Industry recognized memberships (i.e., Member American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS), Member Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police (OACP))
- Extensive Management experience in security operations or security program development in both contract and corporate environments (5 years minimum)
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.