This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 30, 2021
||$17 Per Hour
We are looking for Assembler/Shipping & Receiving back-up to work a day shift from 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. These are contract positions that could develop into long term positions depending on market conditions.
If you get excited about working with wood and learning new skills and the opportunity to build all types of doors to customer specifications, using pneumatic and manual tools, and operate with a very high level of quality, safety and productivity, this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are able to read and interpret production paperwork; measure, cut and assemble, then you will want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
If you have:
- Door assembly.
- Set-up and operate wide belt sanding machine
- Work with lift assist devices
- Complete finishing touches of the door, glass placement, cut trim
- Track orders and prepare documentation.
- Direct work of warehouse attendants and operators to efficiently expedite the loading and unloading of materials.
- Locate, check, and verify the accuracy of the product being loaded with correct load request and sizes, piece counts, or other information as necessary.
- Re-interpret schedules, tickets, and shipping documents.
- Stage and load truck trailers
We would like to hear from you! Please submit a Resume to the Assembler II Posting # R120287 on our careers page via www.masonite.com
- Previous experience in a production facility, home building supplies industry or a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum high school diploma that includes ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- The ability to use basic hand and power tools; tape measure, hammer, table saw etc.
- commitment to working safely.
- The ability of performing repetitive, physical work, lifting 50 to 100 lbs. with two people.
- The ability to work diligently and independently or within a team to meet production requirements.
- The ability to multitask and flexibility to work in any area of the facility.
- The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with the team.
- Forklift experience
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Masonite invites applications from all qualified individuals. Masonite is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-644-2444, ext. 4410