This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
Brake Press Operator
SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of engineered products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to employ a diverse team of highly skilled welding and engineering professionals. Our 147,000 square foot production facility boasts a state-of-the-art air quality and ventilation system, ten skylights, and high efficiency LED lighting throughout the production floor.
We are recruiting a detail-oriented CNC Press Brake Operator to join us at SLEEGERS. The successful candidate will join our Production Team and be responsible for producing parts from various metals using a press brake. The Operator receives blueprints or plans for finished products, inputs CNC data, and uses the brake press to bend to desired outcomes. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting work orders and blueprints to ensure product created will be up to standards
- Checking plans for errors prior to prepping machine
- Documenting materials and parts to maintain process control
- Checking finished product to ensure it meets the requirements both at the start and end of the production run
- Inspecting equipment prior to use for proper working order and no safety concerns
- May construct components and parts to close tolerances that may have nonstandard or unusual shapes
- May complete minor daily maintenance tasks, as required
The Ideal candidate
- Previous experience working with a CNC hydraulic or electric press brake required
- Experience in a fast-paced production facility an asset
- Must be proficient in reading technical manuals and instructions
- Knowledgeable with safety, quality and productivity around brake presses
- Regular, full-time employment status with competitive compensation, paid biweekly
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Best-in-class production facility with modern manufacturing equipment and tools
- Straight day shifts
- Uniform and boot allowance
- Retirement plan with employee-employer matched contributions
- Training and development programs available to enhance your skill set
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunity for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply for This Job