Material Control Utility
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the men and women who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
A Production Material Control worker is responsible for transporting items within the facility. This requires using a fork truck to move items within the shipping and receiving area, deliver items to various departments, or transport hulls, fixtures, and various components throughout the plant (including to rail cars).
In addition to operating the fork truck, the worker is required to complete administrative tasks, such as computer work, paperwork, scanning and completing packages, and creating tracking cards.
Typical postures may include sitting, walking, standing, twisting, squatting, crouching, bending and reaching at working heights ranging from floor level to above shoulder height. Workers are required to drive the fork truck in reverse for varying distances, depending on the size of the load, which requires trunk and neck rotation.
Production Material Control personal, after provided training, must be able to pass an Oracle competence test and participate and pass an in house fork truck certification. Successful candidates will be required certification under Controlled Goods Directorate.
Shift work is required which may include rotation between day, afternoon, and night shifts. Additionally, overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with asset management software (i.e. Oracle, Maximo).
- Base hourly starting rate is $26.70.
- In addition to your rate, all bargaining unit employees are also entitled to cost of living allowance per hour and an additional $0.40 per hour for participation in the Company’s structured improvement program.
- GDLS-C provides all required equipment to perform work.
- Quarterly performance bonus.
- Shift premium is offered at 5% for afternoon and 10% for midnight shifts
- GDLS-C offers a company paid, comprehensive benefit package for a range of health and dental services for you and your eligible dependents as well as basic life insurance and supplemental life insurance.
- Bargaining unit employees are enrolled in a defined contribution pension plan. There is a required 4% contribution with a 4% company match and up to an additional 2% voluntary contribution which provides another 4% match from the company.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.
If you are looking for that next dynamic opportunity and looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!
- Fork Truck Driving
- Inventory control
- Data input into software asset management - Oracle, Maximo
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.