Grow in our team in London, Ont. as
Health and Safety Coordinator
- You have a great eye for detail.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors for the implementation of plant safety objectives and continues improvement Initiatives
- Assisting with the facilitation and monitoring of the Plant Safety Program to reduce the risk of workplace injuries
- Facilitate JHSC meetings, inspections, and follow up implementation of corrective actions
- Provide assistance with WSIB claims management
- Follow up incident reports and investigations with root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions
- Accountable for delivering the health and safety training requirements for the work force
- Accountable for conducting audits and investigations to ensure safe plant’s operation and facilitating corrective actions
- Ability to perform root cause analysis, risk assessments, and job safety analysis
- Accountable for collecting and analyzing statistical data pertaining to the plant’s health and safety program
- Accountable for conducting / assisting with ergonomic evaluations and implementing ergonomic solutions
- You are part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products. Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- Post-secondary education in Health and Safety
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role; food industry or manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task in a busy work environment
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Knowledge of applicable provincial safety legislation, regulation and standards
- Knowledge of WSIB protocol and claims management experience
- Proficient with computer and mobile applications
- Ability to provide support to the sanitation team, required to occasionally work the overnight sanitation shift
- Drivers’ license and vehicle required for offsite meetings
- Experience with mobile equipment, familiar with CSA B335-15 (lift trucks)
- Experience with safety group programs an asset
- Experience with WSIB's Health and Safety Excellence Program (EMC) an asset
- Valid first aid certificate an asset
- Valid JHSC certification an asset
- CRSP, CRST or CHSC designation or in the process of obtaining designation
- Must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef productions
- Willing and able to work at Mississauga location as required (1-3 times per month as needed)
Want to shape future with quality? Then we look forward to your application!
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Dr. Oetker Canada Ltd.
3100 Nova Court · London, ON · Canada · Phone: 519-455-0055
Careers with Dr. Oetker