Associate Specialist, Jr. Wintel Systems Administrator
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
The Jr. System Administrator’s role is to manage and tune in-house computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems, and all host security systems.
- Manage all Wintel operating systems and supporting applications (WINS, DNS, DHCP, DC, etc).
- Manage on premise SKYPE communications systems (IM and SIP) and associated connections.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Support network and security audits.
- Establish, document, and perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Create required reports in response to business user needs.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in IT
- Certifications in Microsoft solutions, Citrix, Authentication, virtualization
- Administration of SKYPE (SFB or LYNC) servers and administration
- Working and some technical knowledge of SIP to PSTN gateway, copper, fiber, and Storage networking, as well as platform operating systems, including Storage, Virtualization, Backup
- Support experience with Microsoft server, Clustering,VMWare, Arcserve / Veeam
- Working and some technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including [Active Directory, RSA, MFA, Powershell, etc.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Keen attention to detail
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.