Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Supervisor (15 month term-rotating shift)
Job ID 133852
Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor (term 15 month-rotating shift) will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
- Act as an intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits. ??
- Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance or equivalent experience,
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to work on rotating shift (weekends as required)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills?
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- Pr?oblem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- One year of supervisory experience
- Process Auditing experience
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.