This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Marys, ON
||Nov 28, 2021
Supervisor, Quality Control
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
This is a temporary 1-year contract position until November 2022.
SUMMARY OF TASKS
The Quality Control Supervisor’s primary responsibilities encompass leadership of the sites employees to ensure food safety and customer requirements are met and that all manufactured products are of the highest levels of quality. This position is responsible for monitoring the integrity of the plant sanitation program while ensuring quality interests throughout the operation.
- Food Safety and Quality:
- Monitors, reviews and implements quality programs to ensure compliance to CFIA/HACCP and customer/third party and internal audit requirements;
- Ensures internal liaison with the appropriate parties to communicate and/or address any quality issue;
- Investigates and resolves quality deviations and customer complaints; reporting and communicating findings as necessary;
- Verification and monitoring of in-process food safety and sanitation controls while applying expert knowledge of dairy products;
- Ensures consistent application of best practices related to testing/inspection methods, analysis and auditing techniques;
- Timely communication of quality issues to local management and upper management as they arise;
- Reports trends and communicates key food safety and quality parameters and participates in correction of negative trends;
- Maintain finished product release program
- Supervise and coordinate laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance requirements
- Ensuring compliance to company standards for environmental monitoring programs
- Provides training, support and maintains Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.’s quality standards;
- Health and Safety:
- Supervision, evaluation, motivation and training of personnel to ensure work is completed efficiently, effectively and safely;
- Ensures that safe conditions exist at all times within the work environment; takes appropriate and effective measures to provide for the health and safety of employees;
- Plant Human Resources Management and Labour Relations:
- Develops and fosters strong and effective functional and cross-functional teams;
- Administration of Company Policies and Procedures;
- Undertake other functions as required;
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family's hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in Canada, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/canada-sector)
- Post-Secondary education in Food Science or Microbiology is preferred;
- Previous management experience in Quality Control or operations within the Dairy, beverage or food processing industry;
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills; Strong organizational and analytical skills and a strong team orientation;
- Proficiency and dependability in current position;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Must be available to work all shifts as required.
Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!
* SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo's web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.