About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain, and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Director, Manufacturing is responsible for leading the company’s carton manufacturing activities. The incumbent will provide overall leadership and coaching to operations colleagues and will be responsible for the efficient production of quality products that exceed our customer’s expectations. The Director, Manufacturing will continually identify opportunities for process improvements and implement key performance indicators which will measure production value and efficiency, and inspire and support a culture of manufacturing excellence.
If you love working in a fast paced environment, leading multiple work units with a focus on health, safety and quality, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about continuous improvement and implementing processes to better balance manufacturing schedules, capacity constraints, and human resource requirements, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural leader with the ability to motivate team members through cross-training and development, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Ensure the health, safety and wellness of all operations colleagues.
- Based on the business unit’s carton strategy, develop appropriate KPI’s for the Operations manufacturing teams.
- Actively participate in Quality meetings and ensure appropriate actions are taken to address quality issues.
- Hold regular meetings with team members to review production schedules and results.
- Partner with scheduling to optimize capacity and prevent backlog situations.
- Partner with the Continuous Improvement Engineer to ensure optimal processes and procedures.
- Constant evaluation of manufacturing capacity and related human resources needs.
- Ensure adequate skills and knowledge are developed within the teams to support production requirements and cross-training plans are in place to fully maximize human resources.
- Manage performance issues and ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure preventative maintenance program is in place and monitor for compliance.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies in the print/converting world and analyze their fit to meet Jones’ strategy.
If you’ve got:
- Diploma or degree in a related field.
- Formal training or professional certification in lean fundamentals an asset.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a senior manufacturing role encompassing production planning and capacity analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of current progressive manufacturing practices and processes. Previous experience in the printing/packaging industry an asset.
- Solid understanding and proven application of continuous improvement activities (such as lean, six sigma).
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.