Food Safety Quality & Regulatory Supervisor (15 months term)
Job ID 46621
Date posted 05/17/2021
Location : London, Canada | Calgary, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor (15 month) will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with the cross-functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
- Act as an intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
- Assisting the plan in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment (union plant).
- Experience in a technical related field such as plant operations food/feed safety and/or quality assurance.
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Ability to work Wednesday to Sunday on day shift, and very occasionally on 2nd shift to fill vacations or sickness
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis.
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams.
- Process Auditing experience.
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.