Quest Brands Inc. is a proud, family-owned Canadian company. We are a leading North American manufacturer of quality Construction & Safety, Home & Garden, and Winter Preparation products.
We pride ourself on being an enjoyable, collaborative and dynamic workplace; one that is focused on encouraging enthusiasm and motivation amongst all staff, diversity and inclusion, and providing growth opportunities. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s development along the way.
About the Job:
The Controller is responsible for delivering and overseeing a wide range of Accounting and Human Resources services and tasks including: Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, banking, payroll administration, recruitment, new employee onboarding, benefits administration, personnel records, government mandated workplace orientation training.
You are an independent, people-first individual that prides themselves on getting things done. You have a positive attitude, well organized, detailed oriented and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You like to work hard but also appreciate a solid work-life balance.
· Oversee day-to-day finance and accounting operations including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, prepaids, credit card expense reporting, commission calculations, payroll processing, monthly reconciliation, and monthly and year-end close.
· Provide timely and accurate reporting on Quests financial performance as directed or required.
· Oversee and monitor Quests financial position, banking and financing activities and capital structure and monitor banking and financial covenants and hedging arrangements, as applicable.
· Conducts full cycle recruitment activities including preparing job descriptions, job postings, pre-screening, interviewing with hiring managers, preparing job offer letters and new hire documentation.
· Coordination of onboarding and orientation with direct supervisors.
· Acts as the benefits administrator for Quest; ensuring proper enrollment/changes to group benefits, answering questions about coverage and ensuring monthly billings are accurate and paid promptly.
· Administer WSIB processes, such as reviewing accident reports, submitting WSIB forms and liaise with adjudicators for claims management
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
· 3+ years finance/HR experience, preferably in small to medium sized manufacturing organization
· Post secondary education, CPA Designation preferred
· Experience with Sage/ MAS accounting software preferred
· Extremely organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Must be a reliable team player who can work without supervision
· Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
· Extended Health Care
· Dental Care
· Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Rewarding and engaging work environment
· Company events
· Casual work attire
· Annual scholarship awards
· On-site parking
· Reliable transportation required (not on a bus route)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $75,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 3 years (preferred)
- Finance/HR: 5 years (preferred)