Senior Mechanical Engineer (Hybrid)
This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time in London, Ontario (3 days a week) and part-time remotely from your home (2 days a week).
About Pall Water:
Combined with decades of experience and thousands of installations, Pall Water is known globally as a provider of high-quality systems designed to tackle the most complex water treatment challenges, simply and reliably. Pall Water is a global leader in filtration, separation, and purification technologies. Our trusted water treatment solutions ensure the continual supply of safe and reliable water for municipalities and industries. With more than two billion gallons of installed capacity spanning six continents, we are a leader in membrane-based water treatment solutions. www.pallwater.com
As a part of Trojan Technologies, Pall Water is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead projects globally developing, analyzing, and implementing innovative, cost effective project custom design solutions for Pall Water filtration and water treatment equipment. You will make an impact on multiple projects in North America and Europe in completing all mechanical requirements, documents, and drawings. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work collaboratively with cross functional project teams in all regions to make a different in water quality!
- Apply mechanical, structural, hydraulic, and pneumatic engineering background
- Produce / review high quality project custom designs including drawings & documentation to meet customer´s expectation within project´s specification, budget, and timing
- Create mechanical Computer Aided Design (CAD) models and drawings, Piping, and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) drawings
- Generate selection and definition of required components & instrumentation, design lists & Bill of Materials (BOMs), technical calculations and lists,
- Create manufacturing and installation specifications for the equipment and its field installation for use on products installed in Municipal and Industrial water treatment facilities
- Implement final design through the organization, working with other functional areas such as Procurement, Manufacturing Operations and Service
- Create, publish, and sustain the Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Support and consult Commissioning Engineers in testing and field validation
- Provide technical support to Sales team and Review of Project contract specifications
- Mentor junior team members
Are you qualified:
- BS Mechanical Engineering/equivalent degree OR post-secondary education in Mechanical Engineering/equivalent
- Experience in fluid treating systems and/or machineries with a hydraulic component requirement. i.e. Water treatment equipment, beverages or dairy treatment systems and chemical fluid treatment systems
- 3-5 years of working experience: Mechanical engineering and design of fluid treatment systems experience.
- Demonstrated professional experiencing using UL, CSA/CRN standards
- Ability to travel for business to perform work internationally, as needed (25%)
- Experience in water treatment Industries
- CE and ISO/EN/DIN standards
- SAP ERP Materials Management Module experience
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.