Supply Chain Analyst II Supply
McCormick Canada continues its long track record of growth and is a respected leader in the spice, seasoning, flavouring and specialty food industry. Our consumer products division serves retail grocery customers and emerging channels with Club House, Billy Bee and McCormick products, while our Custom Flavour Solutions division serves food service distributors and other respected food manufacturers across Canada. McCormick Canada is part of the world leader in spice and seasonings, McCormick & Company Inc.
The Power of People is one of our five pillars. It has been the foundation for McCormick's success for decades. There is something inspiring about working at McCormick. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values. Without our employees, our success is not possible. Our commitment to our customers, our consumers and our employees is unsurpassed.
Under the direction of the End to End Planning Manager, the Supply Chain Analyst II – Supply supports the NA Supply Planning organization. The analyst role will be responsible for data extraction and analysis, presentation development, and scorecard maintenance in support of the supply planning function. This will include preparation for S&OP Supply Consensus meetings as well as plant playbook meetings. In addition, this position works cross-functionally to assist in leveraging improvements in supply chain efficiency.
- Performs and coordinates activities to deploy materials between McCormick locations to ensure customer service fulfillment levels are met, including the movement of component materials to co-packers, and finished product returning from co-packers.
- Data extraction and analysis support to the business-facing and co-pack teams within the Supply Planning function.
- Extracts insights and recommendations, compiles presentations, SKU transition management, and scorecard management.
- Oversees product deployment and exception management through reporting, analysis/assessment, and making adjustments as appropriate to ensure customer service fulfillment levels are met.
- Ongoing maintenance of supply planning data and supports initial SCM data set up for new items through audits and correction of data.
- Analyzes and identifies key and unique raw materials (IIA report) for further evaluation from supply planners.
- Quantifies risks and liabilities through collection and analysis of information for business changes (growth, discontinuation, etc.).
- Recommends material dispositions and assists with root cause analysis as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Plant Planning/Scheduling, Procurement, Master Data, Customer Service, or related field.
- Knowledge of customer service, inventory, and cost metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex situations and make sound judgments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks, including the appropriate prioritization of tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional group.
- Ability to travel to suppliers on a needed basis.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- SAP, APO, and/or BW.
- MS Access