Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The BI Developer is responsible for the development and administration of BI tools along with complete knowledge of the BI system. This role is primarily responsible to convert raw data into user friendly meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand dashboards and reports. This roll is also responsible for the development and maintenance of Presstran’s SharePoint sites.
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience as a BI Developer
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g., dimensional modelling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Excellent analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Able to implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Data and business analysis background
- Experienced with SharePoint development is preferred
Setting business requirements for BI tools
Leading BI software development, deployment, and maintenance
Report curation and data modelling
Participation in data warehouse design
Documenting contents in a data warehouse and meta-data storage; and
Creating technical documentation for BI tools.
Building Analysis Services Reporting Models.
Develop plant wide KPI dashboards
Map various databases used
Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
Integrate Power BI dashboards with SharePoint
Configuring the company SharePoint
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Under the general direction of the Department Leader or Area Leader, the BI Developer works with various levels of staff both inside and outside the division. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required to collect and exchange information. The incumbent may work in an office environment but is regularly exposed to elements such as noise and temperature during time spent on the plant floor.
Overtime after 44 hours per week.
Vacation: 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH)
Benefits: Medical and Dental Coverage. Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met. Magna Profit Sharing. Matched GRRSP. Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage. Educational Assistance program. Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
Weekly pay via direct deposit. Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
Roger’s cell phone plan available to Presstran Team Members, month Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
Additional Information Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.