A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The new 640,000 square foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
We are looking for equally enthusiastic people who want to join our team as we start to climb our own version of Everest. As with every great feat, the realities of this opportunity may come with some challenges and we are looking for people who have the commitment to working through these together. We believe that participation in this start-up requires great passion for our objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team. Together we believe we will do great things for our people, our consumers, and our communities.
If you think that this opportunity might be for you, we encourage you to read more details about this exciting role below.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
Reporting to the Materials Leader, the Inventory Supervisor will guide their team through inventory management activities conducting regular cycle counts, physical inventories, and reconciliations. You are responsible for measuring accuracy, driving efficiency, and maintaining accurate on hand inventory within SAP to support the daily operations throughout the London facility. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. This position requires a high-level of communication and collaboration among departments with a servant leader mentality.
- Consistent with our leadership values, act as a champion for our culture by leading the inventory team in the development and execution of a positive and productive environment that permeates through all levels and is focused on the needs of our people.
- Responsible for developing and executing processes for balancing and maintaining accurate inventory levels within SAP for all direct, indirect, and finished goods materials.
- Responsible for developing and executing the physical inventory count process within the London facility.
- Responsible for developing and executing regular cycle count activities for all packaging and ingredients.
- Lead the accurate execution of inventory management related SAP processes.
- Identify old code dates for packaging, ingredients, and finished goods and work with the appropriate team members to eliminate loss.
- Develop and update inventory management processes for ingredients and packaging flowing into production and for materials being returned to stock.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators that will be used to measure the success of the department and the accurate management of on and off-site inventories.
- Analyze processes that impact the inventory accuracy and drive change to improve results.
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of safe work practices following all safety regulations and guidelines.
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices following all sanitation and process procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise an Inventory Coordinator
- Other project work as assigned by management.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of industry experience in Inventory Management, Materials Management, Supply chain or related field.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Management preferred.
- Strong analytical capability.
- SAP experience with inventory counts, transactions and reconciliations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieve win-win results,
- Comfortable and effective in working with all levels of a very diverse workforce, including those with little to no English abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflict and build teams.
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software. Experience with SAP preferred.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.